- All my fellow writers out there - go get this now. Like right now. Tonight. And be bolstered, be encouraged and be educated as to parts of an industry that were still a mystery to me two books in. Also it's funny. @cbmaum you're rad. Thank you for this service to humanity. #writersofinstagram #amreading #beforeandafterthebookdeal #amwritingGanesha - patron of writers and remover of obstacles. My friend @society_verde reminded me of his energy this week. I picked up this guy while living in Delhi for 6 months in 2001. He's sat on many desks with me ever since. This is the most recent, and I'm seeing him tonight in a renewed light. #writersofinstagram #ganesha #amwriting #writinginspiration @cuyahogalibDon't you think His Highness Padmanabh Singh of Jaipur would make a great Mahj in The Necklace? He's thoroughly modern too. He just offered an apartment in his family's City Palace in Jaipur on Airbnb. You can stay there for a cool $8,000 a night. #padmanabhsingh #jaipur #jaipurcitypalace #booktomovie #writersofinstagram #maharajaWriting is just an extreme form of reading. Taking a close look at the plot of the book that's on everyone's list. A marvel of creation by one of the most illuminating writers working now. Using post-its to track the beats/scenes. Prepping my next class this Tuesday on plot. Join us @cuyahogalib @tanehisipcoates #thewaterdancer @oprahsbookclub #amreading #amwriting #writersofinstagramTeaching allows me to take time away from the writing to think specifically about the work- to distill my thoughts about what I do and why and try to make them accessible for fellow writers. For the next 12 weeks, every other Tuesday evening, I'll be delving into an aspect of the work. Join me at the Skirball Writing Center of the @cuyahogalib It's free but requires registration. You can sign up for one or all six. We'll be adding tools to your writer's toolbox and we'll be going deep. http://attend.cuyahogalibrary.org/event/2202680 #writersofinstagram #amwriting #amreading #writingtips #writingcommunityWe all have holes in our reading. Those classics of the canon. Books we've heard so much about we feel like we've read them. We pick them up because people we live with or people whose taste we trust are adamant about them. When we take them up to the register the bookseller says, "oh good ones." Then we take them home and can't put them down. Then we understand. #amreading #amwriting #victorfrankl #louiseerdrich #writersofinstagram
- Trump showing us all the definition of a self own in real time #TrumpImpeachment #TrumpTranscript 5 months ago
- This tastes disgusting. I'd like some more. #twittershortstories 5 months ago
- RT @RobGMacfarlane: Word of the Day: "peregrini" - lit. wanderers, exiles; in early Celtic Christian tradition, monks who left religious ce… 5 months ago
- How many espresso shots a day is too many? Asking for a friend... 5 months ago
- RT @rgay: The thing about JF is that he and most men get to deputize themselves as experts while women with actual expertise have to prove… 5 months ago
Monthly Archives: April 2013
The paperback edition of Gilded Age has arrived, and she is a beauty. Check it out! Still available from all the usual suspects.